Posted on | February 3, 2011 | By Administrator | 8 Comments
As you know we’re planning a Beyond BT Meet Up on Friday February 11th from 8:30pm to 11:30pm in Kew Gardens Hills at 141-43 72nd Crescent. There will plenty of food, friends, L’Chaims and short divrei Torah. It’s open to BTs, children of BTs and friends of BTs, and people who want to be friends with BTs.
We’re hoping to start discussions so we can identify additional ways that we can support our sub-community.
Here are 10 topics for discussion:
1) What inspired you to become frum?
2) How have your family and friends accepted you becoming observant?
3) Do you currently have a mentor or a Rabbi that you speak with regularly?
4) What resources have you used to help find a Shidduch?
5) Have you been able to address your gaps in Torah education?
6) What would you different in your journey the second time around?
7) Are you a member of a Shul? Are you Active? What attracted you to that Shul?
8) How have you dealt with intermarriage among family and friends?
9) What kind of support programs would you like to see going forward?
10) Do you need a refill? What are you drinking?