Posted on | September 20, 2006 | By David and Mark | 24 Comments
With Rosh Hoshana just around the corner, it behooves us to review our actions to determine which ones we are happy with and which ones we would like to improve upon. The same holds true for Beyond BT.
A few of the things we are happy with are:
1. With rare exception, the civil tone of the blog;
2. The variety of points of view being presented in both the posts and the comments;
3. The new friends and connections that have been made online and off;
4. The way the blog has been able to raise and present issues affecting BTs and the broader Jewish community;
5. That many people have told us that the blog has helped them with BT and growth related issues and has filled a void.
Some of the things, we would like to improve upon are:
1. Increasing the number of contributors to the blog; (If you are interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Gaining more support and assistance for offline events like Melave Malkes and Shabbatons;
3. Increasing the awareness of the site to all who might benefit or be able to contribute;
4. Expanding the tent of Torah so more people will feel accepted and supported on their growth path;
5. Increasing the awareness that the site is not a monolithic, one size fits all approach;
We want to thank all those who read, comment and contribute to the site and we wish you all a Kesiva V’Chasima Tova.